Congratulations to Mike McKnight, who was presented with the Donna Carnall Career Achievement Award at the July Awards Luncheon. The DCCAA is the highest honor that the Fort Worth Association of Health Underwriters can bestow upon a member.
Mike is a long-time member of FWAHU and served on the board nearly every year from 1994 to 2007. At the awards ceremony, Peggy Bass, Lee Ripley, Mike Smith, and Ken Smith shared stories about Mike’s contributions to the association and to the industry before Donna Carnall herself presented Mike with the award.
Mike McKnight, RHU, REBC, MHP, HIA: Career Highlights
- Obtained life & health insurance license and entered the insurance industry in 1991 when he accepted a position selling senior products for Amex Life Assurance.
- Entered the group market in 1994 as a Marketing Director with Compdent / Texas Dental Plans, where he was the Territory Growth Leader in 1996.
- Joined the Fort Worth Association of Health Underwriters in 1994.
- Served on the Board of Directors for the Fort Worth Association of Health Underwriters from 1994 to 2007, chairing several committees: Membership (3 years), Facilities (6 years), GRIP, Programs, Media, Technology, and Retention.
- Received Membership Growth Award from the Texas Association of Health Underwriters in 1996.
- Accepted a position as an Account Executive with Guarantee Life in 1997, where he won the Rookie of the Year Award in 1998 and was a Seminar qualifier in 1998 and 1999.
- Earned Registered Health Underwriter (RHU) designation in 1998.
- Received Member of the Year Award from the Fort Worth Association of Health Underwriters in 2000.
- Earned Registered Employee Benefits Consultant (REBC) designation in 2000.
- Earned Managed Healthcare Professional (MHP) designation in 2001.
- Accepted a position as a Small Group Account Executive with Pacific Life in 2001, where he was a Seminar qualifier in 2004.
- Earned Health Insurance Associate (HIA) designation in 2002.
- Received Technology Award from the Texas Association of Health Underwriters in 2005.
- Successfully transitioned to PacifiCare in 2005 and United Healthcare in 2006 after two corporate acquisitions. Seminar qualifier for PacifiCare in 2006.
- Accepted a position as a Senior Account Executive with UniCare / WellPoint in 2008.